ASICS Gel Kayano 21 Men's Shoes Onyx/Black/Silver
Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Asics Gel Kayano 21 celebrates it's 21st birthday in style. Continuing it's legacy of providing maximum support and a plush ride, this premium daily trainer is ready to hit the roads. With a new lighter Fluid Ride midsole and the most gel cushioning to date, this shoe is built for high mileage training. Along with top of the line upper technologies to ensure a fit customized to your foot, the Kayano 21 provides a luxurious stable ride from start to finish.
Model Number: T4H2N.9990
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View All Colors
Weight: 11.5 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (18mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium, 4E=Extra Wide
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Kayano 21 is a maximum feature, maximum support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Discrete Heel unit is a component of IGS that provides excellent shock absorption in the heel.
- FluidRide provides responsive cushioning with reduced weight and increased durability.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove in the forefoot for improved gait efficiency.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System reduces over pronation by controlling the movement of the foot, leading to a smoother heel to toe transition.
- Guidance Trusstic System is a lightweight support system that provides additional torsional rigidity.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) design creates a smooth and balanced heel-to-toe transition.
- Open mesh on the upper provides breathable coverage.
- FluidFit consists of multi-directional stretch mesh that provides a personalized, glove-like fit.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) uses a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar to provide a individualized fit.
- Discrete Eyelets are independently placed to disperse lace tension and enhance comfort.
- Reinforced Vamp increases durability through the addition of a thin and seamless mesh overlay.
- Heel Clutching System uses an exoskeletal structure that wraps the heel for a secure fit.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made with anti-bacterial material to reduce odor and moisture and provide additional cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to SpEVA 55 Foam, for enhanced cushioning and a moderately soft underfoot feel.
- ASICS High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made of carbon rubber for exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge Outsole in the forefoot is made from a blown AHAR compound, for responsive cushioning and flexibility.
- Rear Foot Crash Pad slows the rate of pronation, providing a smoother transition from heel-to-toe.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|