Altra Superior Men's Shoes Green/Grey
Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Altra Superior is the embodiment of high-performance minimalist trail running. This lightweight trail shoe offers a zero drop platform and a foot-shaped last to allow for a more natural stride. A rugged outsole inspires confidence on a variety of trail surfaces, while a removable rock plate beneath the sockliner offers protection when you need it, so you can focus on the trail ahead.
Model Number: A1252-1
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.3 oz (size 9), including removable rock plate
Stack Height: Heel (12mm), Forefoot (12mm), without removable rock plate
Available Widths: D=Medium
How it fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits small; purchase 1/2 size larger than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium to wide
- Midfoot: High volume
- Forefoot: Wide
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Straight
The Superior is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage on trails. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- A-Bound is a recycled, environmentally friendly midsole compound for resilient underfoot protection.
- Two-Layer EVA midsole foam for durable cushioning.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Removable StoneGuard Rock Protection slips underneath the sockliner to disperse shock and protect the feet from rock-bruising. StoneGuard weighs 1.0 oz (Men's size 9).
- Quick Dry Air Mesh wicks water away from your foot while remaining light and breathable.
- Heel Claw construction uses a snug fit around the heel for added support.
- A-Wrap design holds feet securely around the midfoot and allows for a roomy toe-box.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design follows the shape of the foot for improved fit and feel.
- Off-Road Insoles for underfoot protection and additional comfort.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- CheckerTrail Outsole uses sticky rubber lugs for superior grip on trails.
- Trail Rudder in the heel offers control during steep descents.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS