Rollover product image for a larger view.
When you need a supportive, go-to training shoe, let the Asics GT-1000 be your answer. This shoe features a traditional dual density medial post to provide moderate support, while forefoot and rearfoot Gel units offer cushioning ample for logging the long miles. A great fitting upper keeps your feet secure yet comfortable, and with the smooth ride Asics is known for, this is a great everyday shoe.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 11.2 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (30mm), Forefoot (20mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The GT 1000 is a moderate feature, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- SpEVA is a full length midsole material for increased energy return.
- Decoupled Heel absorbs energy from heel strike and minimizes impact shock.
- DuoMax Support System uses a dual-density material in the midfoot to reduce over pronation.
- Trusstic System utilizes a thermal plastic midfoot unit to reduce weight and increase torsional rigidity.
- Full Length Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove in the forefoot for improved gait efficiency.
- Open mesh on the upper provides breathable coverage.
- Standard sockliner provides additional underfoot cushioning.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made of carbon rubber for exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge in the forefoot is made from a blown AHAR compound, for responsive cushioning and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS