Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 Women's Shoes Purple/Teal
Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 is an exciting introduction to the Race Ultra line. Inov-8 fans will be pleased that the underfoot feel and grip that Inov-8 is famous for is not lost with some extra cushioning. As the namesake indicates, this shoe is built for long distances and will soon be gracing the feet of ultra runners everywhere.
Model Number: 5054167055
Need fit help?
Weight: 9.3 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (26mm), Forefoot (17mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How It Fits (based on width B)
- Sizing: Fits small; purchase 1/2 size larger than standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium to low
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Race Ultra 290 is minimum feature, moderate neutral trail and road shoe designed for racing, daily training and high mileage.
- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides moderate underfoot cushioning. This is Inov8's medium level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Injected EVA Foam for resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- Dynamic Fascia Band running from the heel to the forefoot acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and propelling the runner forward.
- Meta-Shank extends from the midfoot to the forefoot in a 5-finger fashion, for flexible underfoot impact protection.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- TPU Lacing System uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- 6mm Footbed for additional underfoot comfort.
- X-Static XT2 uses the properties of silver to combat bacteria growth, fighting odor and athletes foot.
- Gaiter Attachment allows perfect gaiter fit (matching gaiter sold separately).
- Race Ultra is a flatter trail outsole built with a low lug pattern. It is intended for use on both hard packed trails and occasional roads.
- Endurance Rubber for increased durability and grip on mixed terrain.
- Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
- Anatomic Last follows the natural shape of the human foot for a close and comfortable fit.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS