Rollover product image for a larger view.
Get close to the ground without sacrificing everything underneath you in the Inov-8 Road-X-Treme 198. This low profile shoe features a 6mm offset to promote a natural footstrike, while an injected EVA midsole provides just a touch of protection from the ground. Built on Inov-8’s natural last, this shoe accommodates the natural splaying of your toes.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.9 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (20mm), Forefoot (14mm)
Widths Available: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large, purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium to wide
- Mid-foot: Medium to high
- Forefoot: Medium to high
- Toe-Box height: Medium to high
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Curved
The Road-X-treme 198 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe intended for training and racing.
- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides moderate underfoot cushioning and a 6 mm heel-to-toe drop. This is Inov8's medium level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Injected EVA Foam for resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- TPU Lacing System uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- Met-Cradle is a synthetic webbing upper that supports the forefoot and provide a secure fit.
- Anatomic Last follows the natural shape of the human foot for a close and comfortable fit.
- Road-X-Treme is a lightweight outsole intended for road racing, speedwork, and everyday training.
- Sticky Fusion Compound is a mix of synthetic rubber and EVA foam for a smooth ride and grip on the road.
- Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS