Rollover product image for a larger view.
Take on the trail with the Mizuno Wave Ascend 8. Built with a traditional design for cushioning, this supportive trail shoe provides underfoot protection no matter how far your run takes you, while an aggressive outsole keeps you connected to the most technical terrain.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 11.2 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (29mm), Forefoot (18mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Medium: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toebox Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium to high
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Ascend 8 is a moderate feature, minimum support trail shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP+ is is Mizuno's top of-the-line, full-length copolymer midsole for a lighter, more resilient ride.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- Extended Wave Plate in the midfoot is an extension of the Mizuno Wave for increased torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Active X Upper offers lateral support and a secure fit.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- Active X Outsole features X-shaped lugs for multi-directional traction on a variety of trail surfaces.
- X10 located in the heel and forefoot is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- Wet Traction is a bi-directional trail specific outsole that provides increased grip in all conditions.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|