Rollover product image for a larger view.
Pick up the pace in the Mizuno Wave Ekiden. A carryover from the Japanese market, this road racing shoe offers increased durability and a bit more cushioning. A lightweight Wave plate in the heel helps disperse shock, and sticky rubber provides excellent traction, all at a scant sub 5oz. A great choice for your next 5-10k, or as a lightweight and minimal training shoe.
Sizing Note: Men's sizes only. Women should subtract 1.5 sizes from their women's shoe size. Example: Women's 8 equals size 6.5 for this shoe.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 4.7 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (20mm), Forefoot (14mm); non-removable insole
Available Widths: D=Medium
How it Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Curved
The Wave Ekiden is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for racing.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP is a full length copolymer midsole that provides lightweight, responsive, and durable cushioning.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- Slip Last involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before attaching the upper to the midsole which helps promote flexibility and decreases weight.
- G3 Sole is a lightweight rubber dot pattern in the forefoot for increased grip and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS