Rollover product image for a larger view.
Over the last 10 years, Mizuno has been known for making fanatics out of serious runners who try their shoes. The cult following is attributed to the ultra smooth ride found across their entire shoe line. So when they make a racing flat, you know it's going to be good and this is certainly the case with the Mizuno Ronin 3. Thanks to the heel Wave technology, the Ronin 3 delivers enough protection for fast marathons and yet feels light enough for an elite 5K.
Need fit help?
Weight: 6.2 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (25mm), Forefoot (15mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium width
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch structure: Medium height
- Release date: January 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Wave Ronin 2
The Wave Ronin 3 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe deigned for speedwork or racing. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full length midsole copolymer material for a lighter, more resilient ride.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- X10 located in the heel and forefoot is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- G3 Sole is a lightweight rubber dot pattern in the forefoot for increased grip and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS