Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Mizuno Wave Ronin 5 is a racer waiting to be unleashed onto the roads. This neutral shoe features a low profile platform for a flexible and responsive ride with just enough cushioning for races up to the marathon. A lightweight mesh upper keeps your foot cool and comfortable, and a grippy outsole ensures traction even when you're going fast. Lace up the Ronin 5 for your next road race and watch the PR's fall.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.1 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (25mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Narrow to medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Wave Ronin 5 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe deigned for speedwork or racing. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full length midsole copolymer material for a lighter, more resilient ride.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Flex Controllers placed in high flex areas on the outsole act as miniature wave plates for increased flexibility and reduced weight.
- X10 located in the heel and forefoot is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- G3 Sole is a lightweight rubber dot pattern in the forefoot for increased grip and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS