Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Mizuno Universe has garnered a huge following among runners looking for light shoes with a tremendous feel for the road. The super light Universe 4 will carry the mantle without missing a step. So whether you want a racer to help you set that next 5K PR or a terrific shoe in the minimal realm, the Universe 4 is a great choice.
Sizing Note: Men's sizes only. Women should subtract 1.5 sizes from their women's shoe size. Example: Women's 8 equals size 6.5 for this shoe.
Need fit help?
Weight: 3.9 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (18mm), Forefoot (14mm); non-removable insole
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium to wide
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Curved
The Wave Universe 4 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for racing.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP is a full length copolymer midsole that provides lightweight, responsive, and durable cushioning.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Printed Overlays are located at both the medial and lateral sides and help hold the foot in place.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- G3 Sole is a lightweight rubber dot pattern in the forefoot for increased grip and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS