Rollover product image for a larger view.
When the trail is calling, lace up the North Face Ultra Trail and hit the dirt! This lightweight shoe packs a good amount of protection underfoot so you can add up those miles. A full length Pebax plate provides a responsive ride, while a Cradle Guide support system provides a touch of stability. A FlashDry-treated upper provides moisture management to keep your foot comfortable and cool.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 8.9 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (21mm), Forefoot (14mm)
Widths Available: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large, purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium
- Mid-foot: Medium
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Medium to low
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi- Curved
The North Face Ultra Trail is a minimum support, minimum feature trail shoe designed for high mileage and daily training.
- This shoe features no additional cushioning technologies.
- EVA is an industry standard foam for durable cushioning.
- EVA Cradle Heel cushioning for additional shock absorption and stability.
- Cradle Guide provides lightweight support by guiding your foot through the gait cycle.
- Full Length Pebax Plate provides energy return for a responsive toe-off.
- Ultra Airmesh throughout the upper is breathable and quick drying.
- FlashDry Upper is quick-drying for increased comfort and reduced irritations.
- TPU Welded Overlays provide lightweight coverage and a supportive fit.
- Perforated EVA Northotic Sockliner gives breathable underfoot cushion.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Vibram Outsole is made from a tough, durable compound that provides exceptional traction.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS