MSRP: $99.95 Our Price: $74.95
Model Number: 80457-
Designed with ultra running standout Anton Krupicka, the updated Ultimate Direction AK Race Vest 2.0 is the minimalist's take on hydration with a close fitting stretch vest shape and dual 20 oz bottles in front for easy access. Weighing a scant 7 ounces (12.5 oz with bottles), the AK Race Vest 2.0 receives new fabrics for enhanced durability and has plenty of capacity for nutrition, apparel and essentials; a versatile design for any run from 10 to 100 miles.
*See the Ultimate Direction AK Race Vest 2.0 video for more info about features and development.
||23 - 36"
||32 - 44"
*Measure in inches around fullest part of chest
- 2 included 20 oz Bottles with Kicker Valve
- Dual front bottle holsters with bungees hold bottles secure; also fits 26 oz Ultimate Direction bottles
- Vest design distributes load for enhanced stability, comfort and easy access to items in front
- Dual sliding, adjustable sternum straps let you dial fit and keep vest close to your body
- Dual side compression straps help dial-in fit
- Hex Mesh is breathable, strong and lightweight; does not absorb moisture to keep vest light and allows for evaporation
- Stretch Power Mesh at pockets keeps load compact and items stable
- Soft Velvetex Banding prevents skin irritation
- Large 4L capacity rear stretch mesh pocket for apparel, gloves, warmers or larger items
- Rear pocket fits 2L hydration reservoir (not included) with top hanging hook and dual side slots to run hose
- 4 front hose loops allow you to run reservoir hose left or right, over or under arm
- Rear exterior bungee cord stashes jacket or apparel
- 2 front mesh chest pouches with velcro closure for gels or small accessories; fits small smartphone or camera
- 2 small front velcro closure mesh pockets under bottle holsters for electrolyte caps, keys or small valuables
- Torso Length: 12 inches (30 cm)
- Width: 9 inches (23 cm)
- Weight: 7.0 oz (12.5 oz with bottles)
- Pack Volume: 4L (244 in³)
- Unique medical grade silicone Kicker Valve allows for easy drinking that's easy on your teeth
- To drink, pull up on valve, bite and sip; squeeze bottle to desired flow rate
- 'Kick' valve to the side using teeth and it automatically returns to leakproof closed position
- Off-center valve prevents need to tilt bottle straight up
- Sealed leak-proof twist cap; large opening for easy filling
- Finger loop makes for easier grab and return
- Finger grooves improve grip while drinking on-the-run
- Squeezable bottle is odorless and tasteless
- BPA free; FDA/NSF approved safe Polyethylene bottle
- Bottle and cap dishwasher safe on top rack
- Weight: 2.8 oz (79.4g)
Ultimate Direction AK Race Vest 2.0 Customer feedback
Comments: By far the best hydration pack I've used. Extremely comfortable. Bottle placement is excellent, minimizing bounce and maximizing accessibility. Very light, very little fabric, so it doesn't cause overheating in extremely hot weather, the way more substantial packs can. Lots of storage space, including for a hydration bladder, which comes in handy for very long runs.
From: Uli, Elmhurst, IL, USA.
Comments: Best pack I've bought. Just completed a 50 miler with it and loved everything about it. In the past I've used vests or camel bak's marathoner, but just don't like the weight bringing me backwards. If you look at proper running form, we can have a forward lean of up to 22%. The bottles were great, you may read some people change them out and complain about them, loved them and they were real easy on the teeth. Top two compartments I stashed nutrition, bottom two were for electrolyte tablets and some ibuprophen. Used the back to store bars and other supplies. No bounce and zero chafing. 10 out of 10 in my book.
From: Von, Charleston, SC, USA. May 4th 2014
|Contribute Your Feedback|
|Use this form or email email@example.com to contribute your experiences with this product. If you'd prefer, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although not necessary, it's interesting to have a first name, city, state and country (no email addresses will be used). Any information submitted becomes the property of Running Warehouse.
Please include any relevant information such as weekly mileage, training or race pace, or foot type.