The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing excellent customer service, both through written and verbal communication. This includes representing Running Warehouse through outstanding communication, a sense of urgency, and effective problem solving abilities.
Consistent, excellent written correspondence is essential. The ability to manage assigned work and prioritize by level of urgency is required. A commitment to exemplary customer service, and a thorough understanding of software, systems, business procedures, and problem solving is necessary for success. A strong foundation of product knowledge is expected in order to provide the customer with a running specialty shopping experience (training provided).
Provide first-rate customer service via the phone.
- Answer calls in timely manner, giving undivided attention to the customer.
- Offer assistance and help the customer with inquiries and solutions.
- Speak clearly with good diction and appropriate word choice.
- Display empathy, courtesy and active listening.
Develop and display an expert level of product and sport knowledge.
- Use website and other resources to assist customers in product selection.
- Balance phone customer service duties with personal knowledge development during shifts.
- Proactively identify and strengthen areas in which knowledge needs development.
Understand and utilize software and systems as necessary for the position.
- Effectively manage orders with prescribed procedures and systems.
- Communicate inventory statuses accurately and articulate them with ease and clarity.
- Independently offer accurate solutions and alternatives in special situations per normal business procedures.
Effectively communicate through email correspondence.
- Compose and send replies to the customer in a timely manner.
- Effectively use a professional tone, and proper grammar, punctuation and spelling to offer clear and effective solutions and recommendations.
- Utilize all writing resources efficiently.
Provide excellent customer service through live chat.
- Compose and send responses quickly and accurately.
- Effectively use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling to offer clear and effective solutions and recommendations.
- Employ a friendly tone that balances professionalism with an appropriate level of familiarity for live chat.
- Provide the customer with personalized information and recommendations, providing links to our website whenever possible, and as appropriate.