Rollover product image for a larger view.
Durable and lightweight, this thrower's shoe is engineered to work with glide and spin throwing techniques. A solid rubber outsole provides traction, while concentric outsole flex grooves allow for proper rotation. The hook and loop closure provides upper comfort.
Men's sizes only. Fits large. Men should order 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size. Women should order 2 sizes smaller than standard running shoe size.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 11.3 oz (size 9)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Sizing: Fits Large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch height: Medium
Asics' Hyper Throw 2 is engineered for shot put, discus, and hammer throw athlete. This shoe is intended for the high school thrower and has a semi-straight shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Solid Rubber is a full length textured rubber engineered to enhance durability and traction.
- Synthetic and Mesh Upper is designed for lightweight support during foot-plant.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Hook and Loop Closure is located over the metatarsal region for added security.
- Board Lasting involves gluing the upper to a thin fiber board which is then cemented to the midsole.
- Solid Rubber Outsole is a full length textured rubber engineered to enhance durability and traction.
- Centrifugal Flex Groove is located at outsole underneath the metatarsals and is designed to increase flexibility and rotation for the spin throw technique.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS