Rollover product image for a larger view.
When you need to cross the line first, look towards The Wire 2 from Brooks. This ultra-lightweight distance spike offers a half-length, five-pin spike plate for maximum traction and energy return, and a seamless upper wraps the foot for a secure, racing fit. The Wire 2 delivers maximum performance in events from 1,500m to 10,000m. Includes ten 1/4" pyramid spikes and a spike wrench.
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1.5 sizes from their women's shoe size. Example: Women's 8 equals size 6.5 for this shoe.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 3.8 oz (size 9)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
The Wire 2 is a lightweight distance spike from Brooks. This shoe is intended for serious athletes competing in mile to 10k events. The Wire has a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- BioMoGo is Brook's premium midsole material. BioMoGo is designed to offer resilient cushioning and extends the full length of the midsole. BioMoGo is also environmentally friendly, as it will biodegrade 50 times faster in a landfill compared to traditional foam midsoles.
- Ultra Lightweight Mesh secures your foot without adding weight.
- Synthetic Overlays are strategically located with the purpose of providing a secure fit.
- Minimal Tongue Construction used to reduce weight and create a custom fit.
- Welded-No-Sew Forefoot Capture holds onto your foot without the irritation from sewed overlays.
- Strobel Last utilizes a full length layer of foam to provide cushioning and flexibility.
- Pebax Renew Distance Plate is utilized in the forefoot and is a polymer based plate engineered for flexibility and power transfer.
- Shark Skin is locatd in the heel and midfoot and is a textured thermoplastic designed for additional traction.
- Contains 5 spike receptacles per shoe.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS