MSRP: $116.00 Our Price: $104.50
Model Number: UA053
Designed to maximize the runner's range of motion with easy access to hydration and nutrition, the updated UltrAspire Surge race vest also gets lighter with sweat proof webbing and more breathable mesh. A unique rear tension system coupled with dual compression straps secure the ride and a contoured vest shape evenly distributes weight to eliminate pressure points. The slim 70 oz (2L) Hydrapak bladder offers hands-free hydration; several pockets stash lightweight apparel and nutrition with a unique magnetic pocket for electrolyte capsules.
- Black/Grey (BK)
- UltraRed/Grey (RE)
- 70 oz (2L) Hydrapak® bladder included
- Provides liquid for about 2+ hours of exercise, depending upon individual hydration needs
- Sweat proof webbing prevents pack from absorbing moisture and getting heavier as you run
- Larger holes in mesh enhance breathability to keep you cool while also decreasing pack weight
- Compressi-flex™ rear tension and dual compression straps stabilize without restricting movement
- Contoured shape for a comfortable fit that doesn't inhibit range of motion
- Evenly distributes load; reduces pressure points
- Rear padded mesh panel for comfort
- Sternum speed hook straps secure fit, no snap buckles
- Quick access hydration pocket with buckle closure
- Front stretch mesh pocket for gels or bars, large enough for additional water bottle
- Magnon Electrolyte Pocket™ with simple magnet closure on right strap for electrolyte capsules
- Lightweight zippers with pull tabs; grab easily even when wearing gloves or with cold fingers
- Left mesh pocket and zipper pocket to stash small accessories or nutrition
- Rear easy-access stretch pocket stashes lightweight apparel, gloves, warmers or other accessories
- Top zipper pocket for headlamp, phone, keys, nutrition or other small essentials
- Torso Length: 14.5 inches (37 cm)
- Weight: 15.5 oz (440 g) with empty reservoir
- Replaceable 70 oz (2L) Hydrapak® bladder
- Top-fill Slide Seal allows for easy filling and cleaning
- Unique push/pull Infusion valve opens and closes easily; provides high flow rate of liquid and seals with audible Surelock feature "click"
- 3 O-ring valve design prevents air from entering hose while open; provides secure seal in closed position
- Plug-N-Play button for quick disconnect of tube from bladder; periodically lubricate O-ring and mechanism with olive oil to ensure proper function
- Constructed of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) for strength and durability
- Bladder resists tainting water taste
- Durable, 5/16" diameter kink resistant drink tube
- Fill scale helps you monitor fluid volume
- Tube can be cut to desired length; simply remove hose connector piece, cut with sharp scissors and replace hose connector
- Anti-Microbial additive keeps the bladder clean
- Dishwasher safe on top rack
UltrAspire Surge Vest Customer feedback
Comments: Great pack for long runs!! I have the Surge 2012, but other than the colors they seem pretty similar. I've used it on 2 runs so far, a 16 and 20 mile long run. Both times, it did great. I was able to stash all my energy gels (3 and 4), baggie for trash, napkins for bathroom stops, phone, and pepper spray. I still had room up front and had not even gone to the back pockets. One of my biggest concerns was if the pack would rub my shoulders raw or irritate my nipples. My shoulders have been fine as is. With the help of some Body Glide, my nipples feel fine after the long runs. I'm 6' 4" and 180lbs. I run 40+/- miles a week and need this pack for my 50 mile ultra in May 2014. I only use the pack for my weekly long runs.
From: Michael, Waynesburg, PA
|Contribute Your Feedback|
|Use this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute your experiences with this product. If you'd prefer, you can send an email to email@example.com. Although not necessary, it's interesting to have a first name, city, state and country (no email addresses will be used). Any information submitted becomes the property of Running Warehouse.
Please include any relevant information such as weekly mileage, training or race pace, or foot type.