Rollover product image for a larger view.
The adiZERO Adios Ekiden is a limited edition version of the marathon racing shoe worn by Haile Gebrselassie. With few overlays and a light, more open mesh upper, the Adios has a great minimal feel on top. Full forefoot adiPRENE+ delivers a responsive yet fairly cushioned ride that goes the distance. Designed for serious runners, the Adios is great for road races, intervals and tempo runs.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 7.4 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (25mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Average width
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch structure: Medium height
- Release date: September 2010 (new color), model release date December 2008
- Color discontinued: December 2010
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: adiZERO CS
The adiZero Adios is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for racing. It is built with a curved shape.
- adiPRENE is located in the heel and is a resilient EVA based foam engineered to cushion the heel at impact.
- adiPRENE+ is utilized in the forefoot and is a resilient EVA based foam intended to provide cushion under the metatarsal region.
- CMEVA is compression molded EVA which is an industry standard midsole material designed to offer durable cushioning.
- Torsion System runs along the bottom of the midfoot and is a wishbone shaped thermoplastic unit that is gender engineered to allow the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently for increased stability.
- Open Mesh is used throughout the upper and provides breathability.
- Perforated Tongue is composed of EVA for lightweight comfort and improved ventilation.
- Adidas Logo overlays are strategically placed to wrap the upper around the foot.
- respoEVA Sockliner is molded for anatomical fit and is intended to provide additional step in comfort.
- Slip Last involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Quickstrike is utilized in the forefoot and is a pattern of rubber "cleats" that is designed to increase flexibility and durability while reducing weight.
- Blown Rubber is lightweight and offers grip for increased traction.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS