Rollover product image for a larger view.
As the name implies, the adizero Rocket Ekiden is super fast. This racing flat has a super-low profile to allow your speed to come. With full forefoot adiprene, the Rocket will deliver protection up to half marathon. An ideal 5k, 10K road racer. Do some XC racing, if the terrain is not too rugged.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (23mm), Forefoot (17mm); non-removable insole
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow-to-average width
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow width
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch structure: Medium-low
- Release date: September 2010 (new color), model release date July 2009
- Color discontinued: December 2010
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The adiZero Rocket is a minimum feature, minimum shoe designed for racing. It is built with a curved shape.
- adiPRENE+ is utilized in the forefoot and is a resilient EVA based foam intended to provide cushion under the metatarsal region.
- CMEVA is compression molded EVA which is an industry standard midsole material designed to offer durable cushioning.
- Torsion System runs along the bottom of the midfoot and is a wishbone shaped thermoplastic unit that is gender engineered to allow the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently for increased stability.
- Open Mesh is used throughout the upper and provides breathability.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- Adidas Logo overlays are strategically placed to wrap the upper around the foot.
- respoEVA Sockliner is molded for anatomical fit and is intended to provide additional step in comfort.
- Slip Last involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- AdiWear is utilized throughout the outsole and is a durable carbon rubber.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS