Rollover product image for a larger view.
Looking for a go-fast ride with a touch of stability? Well, you just found it. The DS Trainer 16 provides support for mild to moderate over-pronators in a lightweight, performance-oriented trainer. With its Heel Clutching System and asymmetrical lacing, the shoe delivers a snug and secure fit, which is ideal for fast running. A medial flared forefoot and great flexibility ensure a smooth and stable toe-off. The entire package is excellent for midfoot strikers and heel strikers alike.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 10.5 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (18mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: November 2010
- Color update: June 2011
- Model discontinued: January 2012
- Model update: February 2012, Gel DS Trainer 17
- Heritage: Gel DS Trainer 15
The DS Trainer 16 is a moderate feature, minimum support shoe designed for speedwork, racing and daily training. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is utilized in the lateral heel to further decouple the shock of the heelstrike.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a medium sized silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- DuoMax Support System is located in the medial midfoot and is a dual density midsole that is designed to reduce excess pronation.
- Space Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made out of thermal plastic. This gender specific midfoot unit controls midsole deformation which allows for natural foot movement while stabilizing the midfoot of the shoe.
- Propulsion Trusstic is layered over the Space Trusstic System and is a thermal plastic unit that connects the lateral heel to the medial forefoot. Immediately before toe off, the unit undergoes tension which stores energy that is then released to accelerate propulsion of the foot.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asics' design philosophy that enhances the foot's natural gait.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove component of IGS and is primarily articulated in the forefoot to improve gait efficiency.
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is a stretch material located in the forefoot which moves with the foot to reduce the potential for irritation.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- Slip Lasting involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Clutch Collar System is a free-floating sleeve lined with plush memory foam on both sides that minimizes heel slippage by wrapping around the heel that results in keeping it locked in for a secure fit.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
- WET GRIP Outsole is primarily located in the forefoot and is a special blend of organic and non-organic components designed to increase traction on wet surfaces.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|