Rollover product image for a larger view.
Take off in the Asics Gel Hyper Speed 5, a versatile racing flat with a comfortable road feel. This shoe has a wide forefoot platform for added stability and a fluid heel-to-toe ride on the road. Now featuring a wetgrip outsole for better traction in wet conditions, this shoe will take you far whether its on the road or around the track.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (21mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example: Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Gel-Hyper Speed 5 is a minimum feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for speedwork and racing.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- SpEVA is a full length midsole material for increased energy return.
- Magic Sole uses a vented midsole to minimize weight and increase breathability.
- Racing Trusstic System utilizes a lightweight thermal plastic midfoot unit for lightweight, torsional rigidity.
- Open mesh on the upper provides breathable coverage.
- Standard sockliner provides additional underfoot cushioning.
- Slip Lasting involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before attaching the upper to the midsole which helps promote flexibility and decreases weight.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made of carbon rubber for exceptional durability.
- WET GRIP Outsole is made from a blend of organic and non-organic components for increased traction on wet surfaces.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS