Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Asics Gel Kinsei 4 takes a huge step forward in delivering a refined running experience. The shoe sheds over an ounce from its predecessor with a lighter weight upper and responsive midsole. Loaded with cushioning and packed with comfort, the Kinsei 4 delivers the ultimate ride in luxury performance.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 12.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (30mm), Forefoot (19mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Midfoot: Medium to full volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Curved
The Gel Kinsei 4 is a maximum feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Gel Discrete Heel unit is comprised entirely of a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Large Forefoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Solyte is an ultra light, top-of-the-line midsole that delivers durable and responsive cushioning.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove in the forefoot for improved gait efficiency.
- Propulsion Trusstic System utilizes a thermal plastic unit that connects the lateral heel to the medial forefoot. This unit works to release stored energy and propel you forward during toe-off.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) design creates a smooth and balanced heel-to-toe transition.
- Heel Clutching System uses an exoskeletal structure that wraps the heel for a secure fit.
- Cuprothermo metallic film lines the upper. This material retains heat in cold weather to keep feet warm and dissipates heat in warm weather to keep feet cool.
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is a stretch material located in the forefoot that moves with the foot to reduce irritation.
- Open mesh in the upper keeps feet cool.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) uses a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar to provide a individualized fit.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made with anti-bacterial material to reduce odor and moisture and provide additional cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to Solyte 45 Foam, for enhanced cushioning and a soft underfoot feel.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made of carbon rubber for exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge Outsole in the forefoot is made from a blown AHAR compound, for responsive cushioning and flexibility.
- DuoSole Outsole provides lightweight, flexible, and durable traction.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS