Rollover product image for a larger view.
Built on the principles of natural running, the Altra Instinct 1.5 undergoes minimal changes from its award-winning predecessor. The platform is level with the ground from heel to forefoot, promoting a natural footstirke. A spacious forefoot allows your toes to spread out and grip the ground for better balance and a more natural ride. With a protective midsole, this shoe will take you as far as you can run.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 9.7 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (16mm), Forefoot (16mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium to full volume
- Forefoot: Wide to medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Instinct 1.5 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- A-Bound is a recycled, environmentally friendly midsole compound for resilient underfoot protection.
- Dual Layer EVA midsole foam for durable cushioning.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Quick Dry Air Mesh wicks water away from your foot while remaining light and breathable.
- Heel Claw construction uses a snug fit around the heel for added support.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Support Insoles are 5mm-thick removable insoles designed for runners needing more traditional support and a molded arch.
- Strengthen Insoles are 3mm-thick removable insoles made of A-bound material, with a flat platform designed to strengthen runners' feet.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit and feel.
- Drilex Collar Lining manages moisture for a dry and comfortable foot environment.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- FootPod Outsole follows the natural construction of the human foot for maximum flexibility and a responsive ride.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|