Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Altra Samson is a near-barefoot shoe that brings you low and level to the ground. The 0mm drop encourages a more forward footstrike, and the siped rubber outsole provides good grip on hard surfaces. A thin insole gives a touch of underfoot cushioning, and can be removed for a much closer feel for the ground.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.5 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (7mm), Forefoot (7mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium
- Mid-foot: Medium to high volume
- Forefoot: Wide
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Straight
The Samson is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for daily training.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Air Mesh provides light, breathable coverage.
- Heel Claw construction uses a snug fit around the heel for added support.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design follows the shape of the foot for improved fit and feel.
- A-Wrap design holds feet securely around the midfoot and allows for a roomy toe-box.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Strengthen Insoles are 3mm-thick removable insoles made of A-bound material, with a flat platform designed to strengthen runners' feet.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Baresole is a minimal outsole configuration made of siped performance rubber for a natural underfoot feel.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS