Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Adidas adiSTAR Ride 3 is one super plush, high mileage shoe that will have your feet sighing in comfort. Memory foam in the heel results in a superb fit and smooth feel, while extra heel cushioning offers excellent shock absorption and a soft, pillowy ride. A great option for larger stature runners, The Ride 3 will carry you through each and every mile.
Need fit help?
Weight: 11.8 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (31mm), Forefoot (19mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Mid-foot: Low to medium volume
- Forefoot: Narrow to medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: January 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: adiSTAR Ride 2, adiSTAR Ride, adiSTAR Cushion
The adiStar Ride 3 is a maximum feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- adiPRENE+ is a resilient EVA-based foam made to cushion the forefoot on impact.
- adiPRENE is a resilient EVA-based foam made to cushion the heel on impact.
- CMEVA consists of compression-molded EVA foam for durable cushioning.
- Formotion decoupled heel system adapts and moves with each individual's running style for a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
- Torsion System uses a wishbone shaped thermoplastic unit in the midfoot that allows the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently for increased stability.
- ClimaCool lining throughout the upper is an open mesh that provides lightweight, breathable coverage.
- Geofit with memory foam in the heel collar enhances comfort and improves fit.
- Perforated Tongue offers lightweight comfort and improved ventilation.
- Ortholite Sockliner is an antimicrobial insole designed to reduce odor and provide additional cushion.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length AdiLite 45 Foam, for a lightweight, soft underfoot feel.
- AdiWear is a non-marking carbon rubber in the heel for durable, improved traction.
- Blown Rubber is lightweight and offers grip for increased traction.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS