Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Gel-Hyperspeed 4 is the update to ASICS' most versatile racer, with a unique outsole design that provides a lightweight platform and exceptional road feel. The wider than usual platform provides more versatility than most racers, making this an excellent choice for workouts or as an all-around flat for high school athletes.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.2 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (21mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow width
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch structure: Medium height
- Release date: January 2010
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Model update: Unknown
- Heritage: Gel Hyper Speed 3
The Gel-Hyper Speed 4 is a minimum feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for speedwork and racing. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- SpEVA is a full length midsole material and is Asics' mid-level midsole. Although SpEVA is not as durable and lightweight as Solyte, it has increased energy return compared to that of compression molded EVA.
- Magic Sole is a vented misole to minimize weight and increase breathability.
- Racing Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made from thermal plastic. Its lightweight design allows for faster turnover while still maintaining torsional integrity between the rearfoot and forefoot.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Standard sockliner
- Slip Lasting involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS