Rollover product image for a larger view.
It's time to get serious with your training and reach for new heights. The DS Sky Speed is a neutral, lightweight trainer that is ideal for tempo runs, intervals and daily training. The superb snug fit is ideal for fast running and the modified slip last minimizes weight, lowers the foot and increases road feel. The responsive ride is dialed in for midfoot strikers, yet heel strikers will also find a smooth ground transition. Add in great flexibility and you have now found your serious training partner in the DS Sky Speed.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.1 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (26mm), Forefoot (16mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: November 2010
- Model discontinued: May 2011
- Model update: June 2011, Sky Speed 2
- Heritage: DS Trainer 15
The DS Skyspeed is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for speedwork, racing and daily training. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a large silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is utilized in the lateral heel to further decouple the shock of the heelstrike.
- Space Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made out of thermal plastic. This gender specific midfoot unit controls midsole deformation which allows for natural foot movement while stabilizing the midfoot of the shoe.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asics' design philosophy that enhances the foot's natural gait.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove component of IGS and is primarily articulated in the forefoot to improve gait efficiency.
- California Slip Lasting involves stitching the upper along the perimeter of a synthetic material which is then attached to the midsole.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- Discrete Eyelets are independently placed to disburse lace tension and are designed to enhance comfort.
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is a stretch material located in the forefoot which moves with the foot to reduce the potential for irritation.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|