Rollover product image for a larger view.
When speed matters, count on the adidas XCS. This go-fast XC shoe is light and aggressive and offers good underfoot protection required for racing. The seamless upper is supple and flexible, resulting in a XC shoe that acts like an extension of the runner’s foot. Includes six 3/8" pyramid spikes and a spike wrench.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.8 oz (size 9)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow
- Midfoot: Low to medium volume
- Forefoot: Narrow to medium
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Release date: July 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: XCS
Adidas' XCS 2 is a spike designed for cross country racing for distances ranging from 3k to 10k on rubber and grass surfaces. An aggressive Traxion outsole is engineered to provide maximum grip. This spike has a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Lightstrike EVA is a full length midsole that is lighter than conventional compression molded EVA and is designed to provide cushioning.
- Open Mesh is used throughout the upper and provides breathability.
- Synthetic Leather is strategically placed and is engineered for lightweight durability.
- Adidas Logo overlays are strategically placed to wrap the upper around the foot.
- Traditional Sockliner
- Slip Last involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Traxion is full length and is a lugged pattern engineered for increased traction.
- Blown Rubber is lightweight and offers grip for increased traction.
- Contains 6 spike receptacles per shoe.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS