Rollover product image for a larger view.
If you seek a quick feel and a fluid ride, the Pearl Izumi EM Road N1 is your shoe. This neutral shoe features smooth and responsive cushioning for an energetic and lively run, while a breathable and seamless upper limit hotspots, offering you a comfortable fit. An EVA and blown rubber outsole keep things nimble, while retaining the grip and durability you expect. The EM Road N1 is ideal for uptempo running or use as a light weight daily trainer.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 8.1 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (22mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: High
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The EM Road N1 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for speedwork, racing and daily training.
- 1:1 Energy Foam in the forefoot cushions the foot on impact and returns energy back to the runner for a resilient ride.
- 1:1 Energy Foam heel crash pad cushions the foot on impact and returns energy back to the runner for a resilient ride.
- E:Motion is a EVA foam that offers a ideal balance of cushioning and support.
- Dynamic Offset is a new midsole shape that works with the foot as you travel through the gait cycle, delivering a smooth responsive ride.
- Seamless Upper improves next-to-foot comfort, offering a supple, sock-like fit that moves with the foot.
- Ortholite Sockliner provides amazing step-in comfort and long-lasting cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Blown Rubber Forefoot offers lightweight and flexible traction.
- Flow Line follows the patten of the gait cycle.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS