Inov-8 Road-X 233 Men's Shoes Silver/Lime
Rollover product image for a larger view.
Inov-8, the original minimalist trail shoe brand, now makes great lightweight road shoes. The Road-X 233 is best suited for the runner who wants to move toward the less is more concept. With a 6mm heel-to-toe height difference and a low-to-the-ground foot position, the Road-X 233 is a big step toward minimalist road running without being at the extreme end of the spectrum.
Model Number: 5050973428
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 8.8 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (18mm), Forefoot (12mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Narrow
- Midfoot: Low to medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Curved
The Road-X 233 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe intended for road racing and training.
- 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone provides minimal underfoot cushioning and a 6 mm heel-to-toe drop. This is Inov8's medium level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Injected EVA Foam for resilient cushioning with maximum memory retention.
- Dynamic Fascia Band running from the heel to the forefoot acts as a rigid lever arm, releasing energy with each step and propelling the runner forward.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- TPU Lacing System uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- Met-Cradle is a synthetic webbing upper that supports the forefoot and provide a secure fit.
- 6mm Footbed for additional underfoot comfort.
- Road-X is a road outsole intended for road racing and speedwork.
- Sticky Rubber for optimal performance and maximized grip in wet conditions.
- Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
- Anatomic Last follows the natural shape of the human foot for a close and comfortable fit.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS