Rollover product image for a larger view.
If you want a true near-barefoot experience, this is the shoe for you. The Inov8 Bare-X 200 is built with just enough materials to keep feet protected from hard road surfaces, and not much more. This ultra flexible shoe has a 0mm heel-to-toe drop to bring you level to the ground, while the simply-built Bare-X outsole boasts just 6mm underfoot, to let you feel the road with every step.
Need fit help?
Weight: 6.7 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (4mm), Forefoot (4mm)
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe.
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Low height
- Release date: September 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The Bare-X 200 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for road racing. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- For a barefoot experience, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Zero Arrow Shoc-Zone provides minimal underfoot cushioning and a 0 mm heel-to-toe drop for a true barefoot experience. This is Inov8's lowest level of cushioning on their 0-4 arrow scale.
- Synthetic Mesh covers the upper for lightweight, breathable coverage.
- TPU Lacing Support uses TPU lacing supports for a strong, lightweight and secure fit.
- 3mm Footbed for additional underfoot comfort.
- Anatomic Last follows the natural shape of the human foot for a close and comfortable fit.
- Bare-X is a minimalist road outsole that is built to follow the natural shape of the human foot.
- Sticky Rubber for optimal performance and maximized grip in wet conditions.
- Meta-Flex groove is located at the forefoot to encourage natural forefoot flex during toe-off.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS