Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Merrell Bare Access wants to bring you back to nature. This road-worthy shoe is super light and has a 0mm heel to toe drop to encourage a more natural forward footstrike. With a firm underfoot feel, the Bare Access protects you from the ground while keeping you connected with it, for a close to barefoot feel on the road.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 5.7 oz (size 9)
Available Widths: D=Medium
Stack Height: Heel (13mm), Forefoot (13mm)
How it fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium to wide
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Straight
The Bare Access is a minimal feature, minimal neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- 8mm M Bound midsole is a durable material that protects feet from impact forces.
- Synthetic Leather/Air Mesh upper offers durable, yet breathable coverage.
- Lycra lining is made with a neoprene fabric treated with anti-microbial Aegis for a healthy and plush foot environment.
- Non-Removable EVA Footbed uses Aegis, an anti-microbial material, for a healthy foot environment.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Bare Access Outsole consists of a rubber compound inset with durable Vibram pods for superior traction and a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS