Rollover product image for a larger view.
Blaze a trail in the Mizuno Wave Cabrakan 3! This smokin' hot shoe delivers a smooth ride and has plenty of cushion to protect against hard trail surfaces. It's outfitted with bi-directional rubber for increased traction, and extra toe protection on the upper. So grab a pair and ready yourself for the ultimate trail running experience.
Need fit help?
Weight: 12.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (31mm), Forefoot (19mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium to full volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Medium-low height
- Release date: July 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Wave Cabrakan 2
The Cabrakan 3 is a maximum feature, moderate support trail shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave extends from the heel to the midfoot and is composed of an elastic thermal plastic material shaped in a composite double fan wave pattern. This corrugated design allows for vertical deformation during heel strike to absorb impact while reducing pronation.
- VS-1 is positioned in the heel and is a cushioning material to further provide shock absorption.
- AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full length midsole copolymer material that is lighter weight and has better energy return than AP.
- Smooth Ride is primarily located across the entire forefoot and is a gender specific network of grooves to minimize the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition to create a smooth ride.
- Extended Wave Plate is located at the bottom of the midfoot and is an extension of the Mizuno Wave. It preserves the torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
- Water Resistant AIRmesh covers the entire upper and is breathable yet water resistant to keep the foot cool and dry.
- Mizuno logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides and functions to help hold the foot in place.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is an anti-microbial and moisture wicking insole that promotes a healthy environment for feet.
- Dynamotion Fit is Mizuno's design philosophy to create optimal fit with stretch material located in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- X10 is located in the heel and forefoot for enhanced traction and is composed of durable carbon rubber.
- Wet Traction is a bi-directional trail specific outsole that provides increased grip in all conditions.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS