Rollover product image for a larger view.
If you need a bit of pronation control, but still love a light, responsive shoe that can handle everyday training, then you should grab a pair of the Mizuno Elixir 6. Its Fan Wave provides a surprisingly stable ride and delivers an ultra smooth heel-to-transition. This shoe is great for long tempo runs and longer intervals, but can be used daily by the light and swift or as a racer for larger runners.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 9.8 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (30mm), Forefoot (17mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: January 2011
- Color update: July 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Elixir 5
The Elixir 6 is a moderate feature, minimum support shoe that is designed for speedwork, racing and daily training. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full-length copolymer midsole for a lighter, more resilient ride.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Standard Sockliner provides underfoot comfort.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- X10 located in the heel and forefoot is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- G3 Sole is a lightweight rubber dot pattern in the forefoot for increased grip and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS