Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Mix Master is odd in a great way. It is super nimble for technical trails but the broad forefoot dissipates impact allowing for a decent amount of road use. With a 4mm heel-toe offset and a low overall height, the shoe is light and stable and a Shock Absorption Plate helps reduces risk of stone bruising. True to it's name, the Mix Master performs well on a mixture of terrains and at a variety of paces, so this might be the only trail shoe you need.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.9 oz (size 9.0)
Stack Height: Heel (16mm), Forefoot (12mm)
How it fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low height
- Release date: November 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The Mix Master is a minimal feature, minimal neutral road-to-trail shoe designed for daily training. It is built with a curved shape.
- Air Cushion in the heel provides lightweight shock absorption.
- Merrell Float is a lightweight, low-profile EVA midsole that gives underfoot cushioning with a close feel for the ground.
- Shock Absorption Plate in the forefoot offers flexible protection from stone bruising and helps disperse impact forces.
- Synthetic Leather/Air Mesh upper offers durable, yet breathable coverage.
- TPU Overlays wrap the foot for a secure fit.
- Toe Bumper made of durable rubber protects toes from rocks and other debris.
- Removable Microfiber Footbed uses Aegis, an anti-microbial material, for a healthy foot environment.
- 2mm EVA insole for added underfoot cushion.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Merrell Mix Sole is made of a sticky rubber compound with wide lugs for a stable ride and increased traction.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS