The Mix Master is odd in a great way. It is super nimble for technical trails but the broad forefoot dissipates impact allowing for a decent amount of road use. With a 4mm heel-toe offset and a low overall height, the shoe is light and stable and a Shock Absorption Plate helps reduces risk of stone bruising. True to it's name, the Mix Master performs well on a mixture of terrains and at a variety of paces, so this might be the only trail shoe you need.
Weight: 7.9 oz (size 9.0)
Stack Height: Heel (16mm), Forefoot (12mm)
How it fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low height
- Release date: November 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The Mix Master is a minimal feature, minimal neutral road-to-trail shoe designed for daily training. It is built with a curved shape.
- Air Cushion in the heel provides lightweight shock absorption.
- Merrell Float is a lightweight, low-profile EVA midsole that gives underfoot cushioning with a close feel for the ground.
- Shock Absorption Plate in the forefoot offers flexible protection from stone bruising and helps disperse impact forces.
- Synthetic Leather/Air Mesh upper offers durable, yet breathable coverage.
- TPU Overlays wrap the foot for a secure fit.
- Toe Bumper made of durable rubber protects toes from rocks and other debris.
- Removable Microfiber Footbed uses Aegis, an anti-microbial material, for a healthy foot environment.
- 2mm EVA insole for added underfoot cushion.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Merrell Mix Sole is made of a sticky rubber compound with wide lugs for a stable ride and increased traction.
Footwear Performance Characteristics
- Motion Control
- Hard Trail
- Varied Trail
- Soft Trail
Be the first to write a review for this product!
Write a Review