Rollover product image for a larger view.
Since lighter weight equals faster running times, then the Wave Universe 3 might be considered an unfair advantage. If your are a serious road racer then you must ask yourself if you are serious enough to don the high performance Wave Universe 3.
Need fit help?
Weight: 3.6 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (18mm), Forefoot (16mm); non-removable insole
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch structure: Medium-low height
- Release date: July 2009
- Model discontinued: June 2011
- Model update: July 2011, Wave Universe 4
- Heritage: Wave Universe 2
The Wave Universe 3 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for racing. It is built with a curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave extends from the heel to the midfoot and is composed of an elastic thermal plastic material shaped in a parallel wave pattern. This corrugated design allows for vertical deformation during heel strike to absorb impact.
- AP is a full length midsole copolymer material that provides lightweight, responsive, yet durable cushioning.
- Smooth Ride is located at the lateral heel and across the entire forefoot and is a gender specific network of grooves to minimize the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition to create a smooth ride.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Printed Overlays are located at both the medial and lateral sides and function to help hold the foot in place.
- Standard Sockliner
- G3 Sole is primarily located at the forefoot and is a rubber dot pattern that provides increased grip and flexibility while maintaining a low weight profile.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|