Price: Add to Cart To View.
Rollover product image for a larger view.
New Balance continues to represent its heritage with the New Balance 993. This shoe combines traditional looks with present day technology to give you a plush, smooth ride that every runner will appreciate. With its stabilizing heel and smooth platform, this shoe's unique design works well for both neutral and support runners alike. Made in the USA.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 13.5 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (29mm), Forefoot (18mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium, Width 2E=Wide, Width 4E=Extra Wide
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe size
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium to full volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low height
- Release date: July 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The 993 is a maximum feature, minimum support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape. The 993 is assembled in the USA.
- ABZORB is a full-length, top-of-the-line midsole foam for great durability and improved cushioning.
- ABZORB SBS uses top of the line midsole foam in the forefoot for increased underfoot cushioning.
- ACTEVA is a full-length midsole foam that provides durable underfoot cushioning.
- Single Density Polyurethane provides durable cushioning, which stands up against compression set.
- Encap consists of a soft midsole cushioning surrounded by an outside rim of tough polyurethane, for increased stability and durability.
- Open Mesh in the upper for lightweight breathability.
- Nubuck leather overlays provide natural comfort, durability, and enhanced fit.
- Perforated Sockliner for breathability and additional under foot cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Blown rubber running the length of the shoe increases cushioning and responsiveness.
- Ndurance is a highly durable carbon rubber located in the heel and the lateral side of the outsole.
- SL-1 is a running and walking-specific last with a standard heel and forefoot width and a standard toe-box height.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS