Rollover product image for a larger view.
Building on the success of the cult following for the MT100, New Balance offers the refined MT101. The shoe retains the excellent low-profile, minimalistic design, which delivers low weight and a great feel for the trail. With a thin rock plate, the MT101 provides stone bruising protection yet remains nimble and flexible. The upper is thin, breathable and provides a secure midfoot fit. All told, the MT101 is a great minimalist trail shoe that meets the needs of serious trail runners.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 7.2 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (25mm), Forefoot (16mm); non-removable insole
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Low height
The MT101 is a minimum feature, minimum neutral trail shoe designed for racing and daily training. It is built with a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Acteva is a full length midsole material that is 12% lighter than standard midsole foam with DuPont Engage for added durability.
- Synthetic Mesh is utilized throughout the upper and is a lightweight breathable material.
- SURE LACE shoe laces are designed to reduce the chance of unwanted lace loosening.
- Puncture Resistant Toe is an additional layer of lightweight material engineered to give additional protection at the toes.
- EVA Foxing Construction
- Composite Rubber is a full length outsole designed with lugs to provide additional traction.
- Rock Stop is sandwiched between the outsole and midsole and is a flexible layer that protects feet from rocks and shock.
- RL-3 is a road and trail racing last with a narrow heel, a wide forefoot, and a standard toe-box height.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS