Rollover product image for a larger view.
The 870 from New Balance is one smooth operator. It offers plenty of ground contact through the midfoot, which results in a smooth, responsive ride. With support for mild to moderate over-pronation and a hint of a go-fast feel, the 870 is great for runners who like a good road feel and a sense of get up and go.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.5 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (16mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium, Width 2E=Wide
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow width
- Midfoot: Low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow width
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium-low height
- Release date: October 2010
- Model discontinued: Unknown
The 870 is a moderate feature, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a curved shape.
- N-ergy consists of a shock-absorbing cushioning compound in the heel and forefoot for a lightweight responsive, ride.
- ACTEVA LITE is a full-length, premium lightweight midsole foam with optimal compression-set properties.
- Internal Shank is a thermoplastic unit in the midsole that provides torsional rigidity.
- Medial Post consists of higher density foam in the midfoot that works to correct over pronation.
- Open Mesh covers the majority of the upper for lightweight breathability.
- Dual Density Collar Foam in the heel collar keeps the heel in place and provides comfort.
- Traditional Sockliner provides additional underfoot cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length ABZORB foam, for enhanced cushioning and a soft underfoot feel.
- Blown rubber in the forefoot increases cushioning and responsiveness.
- PL-1 is a running-specific last with a standard heel and forefoot width and a standard toe-box height.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS