Rollover product image for a larger view.
The New Balance 883 is a straight-lasted neutral running shoe designed for full volume feet. If your feet have low arches but remain neutral, then the 883 is a great option for you. The shoe is very stable and readily accepts most orthotics.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 11.6 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (30mm), Forefoot (18mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium, Width 2E=Wide
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium and deep
- Mid-foot: Medium to full volume fit, will accommodate a higher instep or thick feet
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Deep and roomy
- Arch Structure: Low height
- Release date: January 2009
- Model discontinued: April 2011
- Model update: July 2011, 840
- Heritage: 882
The 883 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and can accommodate most orthotics. It is built with a straight shape. The 833 is built on the New Balance SL-2 last.
- ABZORB is positioned in the heel and forefoot and is New Balance's top of the line foam. It is composed of Dupont Engage and Isoprene rubber for improved cushioning.
- ABZORB FL is a full-length midsole unit. ABZORB FL is the highest grade midsole from New Balance and is composed of DuPont Engage and isoprene rubber. This midsole offers great durability and a cushioned ride.
- Open mesh spans the entire upper to allow for air to flow through the upper.
- NLOCK is located on the external midfoot of the upper and is provided to help secure the midfoot fit.
- LockDown liner is an internal liner that is integrated into the lacing to help secure the midfoot fit.
- Dual Density Collar Foam lines the heel collar to provide a comfortable and secure heel fit.
- SURE LACE shoe laces are designed to reduce the chance of unwanted lace loosening.
- Full Length ABZORB Strobel Board enhances cushioing and comfort.
- 360 Degree Reflectivity reflects light back in the direction of the source of light.
- Ndurance Rubber is a highly durable outsole material and it is located in the heel and lateral forefoot.
- Blown Rubber located in the medial forefoot to increase cushioning and responsiveness.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS