Price: Add to Cart To View.
Rollover product image for a larger view.
Get down to earth with the Saucony ProGrid Guide 5. This popular support shoe has moved from the traditional 12mm heel-to-toe drop to an 8mm heel-to-toe drop, bringing your heel closer to the ground and encouraging a more natural forward foot strike. On top of that the Guide 5 looses nearly 2 ounces in weight from its previous model, with greater flexibility and increased cushioning throughout, making this truly the best version to date.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 10.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (20mm)
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Medium-low height
- Release date: November 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Trigon 5 Guide, ProGrid Guide 4
The ProGrid Guide 5 is a moderate featured, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- ProGrid Lite is a full-length midsole foam for lightweight cushioning.
- SRC Impact Zone made from Super Rebound Compound extends from the heel to the midfoot for improved shock absorption and a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
- Dual Density SSL EVA uses high density EVA in the midfoot to control overpronation, and a SSL (Saucony Super Lite) midsole material throughout the remainder of the shoe for lightweight comfort, rebound and durability.
- Midfoot Support Bridge is a thermoplastic unit that extends from the heel through the midfoot for increased torsional rigidity.
- Open Mesh covers the entire upper and is a breathable lightweight fabric.
- Hydrator Collar Lining cups the heel and provides next-to-skin comfort while wicking unwanted moisture.
- Comfortride Sockliner is an open cell sockliner that is antimicrobial and breathable.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length HRC Strobel Board, for responsive, enhanced cushioning and a soft underfoot feel.
- XT-900 in the heel is a carbon rubber material that offers durable traction..
- IBR+ in the forefoot is a lightweight flexible material that offers enhanced cushioning and a responsive ride.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS