Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Salomon XR Crossmax 2 is door-to-trail performance, defined. This versatile, neutral shoe features a flexible, dual-layered midsole for optimal impact protection on hard surfaces and a blend of responsiveness and a soft underfoot feel. A stretchy and breathable mesh upper keeps you running in comfort, while trail specific details such as a protective toe-cap and a lace garage keep your run hassle-free. A moderately lugged, hybrid outsole gives you plenty of grip, no matter the surface. The XR Crossmax 2 is ideal for training and everyday use.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 12.0 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (26 mm), Forefoot (19 mm)
Available Widths: D=Medium
How It Fits (based on width D)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to wide
- Midfoot: Medium to full volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The XR Crossmax 2 is a lightweight, moderate featured shoe for neutral runners. This shoe is intended for everyday trail running.
- LT Muscle is a lightweight EVA cushioning compound that helps absorb impact forces.
- Triple Density Molded EVA runs the length of the shoe for underfoot cushioning.
- Compressed EVA runs the length of the shoe for underfoot cushion.
- OS Tendon system acts like a real tendon by flexing to provide stretch and balance during the heel-to-toe transition.
- Stretch Air Mesh is a breathable mesh upper that offers a comfortable, individualized fit.
- Sensifit overlays on the upper wrap the foot for a close, secure fit.
- Gusseted Tongue keeps shoe free from debris.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is composed of anti-bacterial material for reduced odor and moisture while adding cushion directly underfoot.
- Quicklace made from durable Kevlar fibers provides easy shoe entry and exit and a secure fit.
- Lace Pocket tucks laces out of the way while running.
- Sensiflex allows the foot to expand in a controlled manner, increasing foothold.
- Contragrip LT is a uniquely designed, lightweight outsole of differing densities, providing light, durable traction over varying terrains.
- Contragrip HA is a uniquely designed, high abrasion outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|