Great updates to this model make an already great value even better! The 1150 sports some changes to the heel and forefoot for an excellent heel-to-toe transition, making the ride smooth and calls for easy running. The outstanding cushion provides great impact protection and superb rebound. This is a great option for mild to moderate over-pronators who demand great deals.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only
View all colors
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Medium height
Weight: 10.5 oz (size 8)
Midsole Height: Heel (22mm), Forefoot (12mm)
- Release date: November 2009
- Model discontinued: September 2010
- Model update: October 2010, Gel 1160
- Heritage: Gel 1140
The Gel 1150 is a moderate feature, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- SpEVA is a full length midsole material and is Asics' mid-level midsole. Although SpEVA is not as durable and lightweight as Solyte, it has increased energy return compared to that of compression molded EVA.
- Decoupled Heel absorbs energy from heelstrike and minimizes shock from traveling to the rest of the foot.
- DuoMax Support System is located in the medial midfoot and is a dual density midsole that is designed to reduce excess pronation.
- Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made from thermal plastic. It reduces the weight of the sole while decreasing torsion between the rearfoot and forefoot.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Standard sockliner
- SpEVA 55 Last is located in the rear portion of the shoe and has a medium density to deliver a moderately soft feel under the foot. Traditional strobel last completes the forefoot of the shoe.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Footwear Performance Characteristics
- Motion Control
- Hard Trail
- Varied Trail
- Soft Trail
Be the first to write a review for this product!
Write a Review