Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Asics GT 2160 is everyman's shoe and its predecessors have been the best selling running shoes for over 10 years. The GT 2160 maintains its stable platform, comfortable fit and smooth ride that runners love. A touch softer forefoot and a bit more comfort in the heel collar are sure to keep this GT 2160 at the top. Grab a pair today and find out why so many runners call this shoe home.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 10.2 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (30mm), Forefoot (19mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width 2A=Narrow, Width B=Medium, Width D=Wide, Width 2E=Extra Wide
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: November 2010
- Model discontinued: October 2011
- Model update: November 2011, GT 2170
- Heritage: GT 2150
THe 2160 is a moderate featured, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a medium sized silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is utilized in the lateral heel to further decouple the shock of the heelstrike.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- DuoMax Support System is located in the medial midfoot and is a dual density midsole that is designed to reduce excess pronation.
- Space Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made out of thermal plastic. This gender specific midfoot unit controls midsole deformation which allows for natural foot movement while stabilizing the midfoot of the shoe.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asics' design philosophy that enhances the foot's natural gait.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove component of IGS and is primarily articulated in the forefoot to improve gait efficiency.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) is a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar which creates a personalized fit.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- Solyte 55 Last is located in the rear portion of the shoe and has a medium density to deliver a moderately soft feel under the foot. Traditional strobel last completes the forefoot of the shoe.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS