Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Asics Gel DS Trainer 17 is sure to please. This daily trainer is fast and flexible, with a light, responsive midsole and a supportive ride. It has good underfoot cushion for midfoot strikers and heel strikers alike, and a silky smooth ride that rolls right over the pavement. With a snug, comfortable fit and breathable mesh upper, the DS Trainer 17 will be your best friend out on the road.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 9.2 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (18mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How It Fits (based on width B)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The DS Trainer 17 is a moderate feature, minimum support shoe designed for speedwork, racing and daily training.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system uses a silicone-based gel for responsive shock absorption on impact.
- Solyte is an ultra light, top-of-the-line midsole that delivers durable and responsive cushioning.
- DuoMax Support System uses a dual-density material in the midfoot to reduce over pronation.
- Space Trusstic System utilizes a gender-specific, thermal plastic midfoot unit for natural foot movement and increased torsional rigidity.
- Propulsion Trusstic System utilizes a thermal plastic unit that connects the lateral heel to the medial forefoot. This unit works to release stored energy and propel you forward during toe-off.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) design creates a smooth and balanced heel-to-toe transition.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove in the forefoot for improved gait efficiency.
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is a stretch material in the forefoot that moves with the foot to reduce irritation.
- Open mesh on the upper provides breathable coverage.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made with anti-bacterial material to reduce odor and moisture and provide additional cushioning.
- Clutch Collar System wraps the heel in a free-floating, memory foam-lined sleeve, for minimum heel slippage and a secure fit.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to Dual-Density Solyte Foam, for enhanced cushioning and a moderately soft underfoot feel.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) in the heel is made of carbon rubber for exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge in the forefoot is made from a blown AHAR compound, for responsive cushioning and flexibility.
- WET GRIP Outsole increases traction on wet surfaces.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS