Rollover product image for a larger view.
Move forward in the Asics Gel Fortitude 5. The cushioned forefoot remains firm enough for a springy toe off, and your heel will fit snugly in the plush memory foam-lined heel. With just a tad of support, this shoe is great for runners with lower arches who don't need the added stability of a support shoe.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.6 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (20mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium, D=Wide
How It Fits (Based on Width B)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Gel Fortitude 5 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- SpEVA is a full length midsole material and is Asics' mid-level midsole. Although SpEVA is not as durable and lightweight as Solyte, it has increased energy return compared to that of compression molded EVA.
- Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made from thermal plastic. It reduces the weight of the sole while decreasing torsion between the rearfoot and forefoot.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) is a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar which creates a personalized fit.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- SpEVA 55 Last is located in the rear portion of the shoe and has a medium density to deliver a moderately soft feel under the foot. Traditional strobel last completes the forefoot of the shoe.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|