Rollover product image for a larger view.
Gender specific features taken to the extreme! The Gel Kayano 16 has amazing features that address the specific needs of a woman. Plus 3 reduces Achilles strain and Soft Top DuoMax reduces arch irritation. Great cushioning, a superb fit, and excellent support make the Kayano 16 a superior update.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium height
Weight: 11.5 oz (size 8)
Midsole Height: Heel (24mm), Forefoot (11mm)
- Release date: November 2009
- Model discontinued: December 2010
- Model update: January 2011, Gel Kayano 17
- Heritage: Gel Kayano 15
The Gel-Kayano 16 is a maximum feature, maximum support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a large silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Discrete Heel unit is Asics' highest degree of shock absorption unit in the heel and is currently the most advanced component of IGS.
- Gender Specific Forefoot cushioning is positioned in the forefoot and consists of an injected top layer of Solyte to offer additional comfort.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- Guidance Line is a vertical flex groove component of IGS and is primarily articulated in the forefoot to improve gait efficiency.
- Plus 3 results in a 3mm increase in heel to toe height difference compared to standard running shoe design to help relieve tension in the achilles.
- Soft Top DuoMax is located in the medial midfoot and adds comfort and adaptability to Asics' proven DuoMax system which is designed to reduce excess pronation.
- Space Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made out of thermal plastic. This gender specific midfoot unit controls midsole deformation which allows for natural foot movement while stabilizing the midfoot of the shoe.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asics' design philosophy that enhances the foot's natural gait.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) is a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar which creates a personalized fit.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- Solyte 55 Last is located in the rear portion of the shoe and has a medium density to deliver a moderately soft feel under the foot. Traditional strobel last completes the forefoot of the shoe.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS