Rollover product image for a larger view.
Of all the "minimal" shoes out there, the Altra Eve truly deserves the title. With only 4 mm of shoe under your foot and a 0 mm heel-to-toe drop, the only thing closer to being barefoot than this is, well, being barefoot. The Eve encourages a more forward footstrike and allows you to feel the ground every step of the way. True to its name, it's built with a women's-specific shape for an optimized fit in all the right places. Two removable insoles give you the option of adding a tad more protection or a bit of underfoot cushion.
Need fit help?
Weight: 5.6 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (4mm), Forefoot (4mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How it fits (based on width B)
This shoe fits like a glove; runners who prefer a roomy fit should go up a half size
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Mid-foot: Low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Straight
The Eve is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for daily training.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Breathable Stretch upper allows the foot to expand in a controlled manner for optimal fit and performance.
- Heel Claw construction uses a snug fit around the heel for added support.
- A-Wrap design holds feet securely around the midfoot and allows for a roomy toe-box.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Support Insoles are 5mm-thick removable insoles designed for runners needing more traditional support and a molded arch.
- Strengthen Insoles are 3mm-thick removable insoles made of A-bound material, with a flat platform designed to strengthen runners' feet.
- SecureClinch Straping velcro holds the midfoot for additional security and improved fit.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Baresole is a minimal outsole configuration made of siped performance rubber for a natural underfoot feel.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS