Of all the "minimal" shoes out there, the Altra Eve truly deserves the title. With only 4 mm of shoe under your foot and a 0 mm heel-to-toe drop, the only thing closer to being barefoot than this is, well, being barefoot. The Eve encourages a more forward footstrike and allows you to feel the ground every step of the way. True to its name, it's built with a women's-specific shape for an optimized fit in all the right places. Two removable insoles give you the option of adding a tad more protection or a bit of underfoot cushion.
Weight: 5.6 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (4mm), Forefoot (4mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How it fits (based on width B)
This shoe fits like a glove; runners who prefer a roomy fit should go up a half size
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Mid-foot: Low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Low
- Arch Structure: Low
- Shoe Shape: Straight
The Eve is a minimum feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for daily training.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a more natural, foot-shaped last, zero millimeter heel to toe drop, and metatarsal-specific shapes in the outsole to assist in proper foot mechanics and allow for more natural foot movement.
- Natural Foot Design follows the natural shape of the foot for ultimate comfort.
- Breathable Stretch upper allows the foot to expand in a controlled manner for optimal fit and performance.
- Heel Claw construction uses a snug fit around the heel for added support.
- A-Wrap design holds feet securely around the midfoot and allows for a roomy toe-box.
- Seamless Upper reduces irritation and provides next-to-foot comfort.
- Support Insoles are 5mm-thick removable insoles designed for runners needing more traditional support and a molded arch.
- Strengthen Insoles are 3mm-thick removable insoles made of A-bound material, with a flat platform designed to strengthen runners' feet.
- SecureClinch Straping velcro holds the midfoot for additional security and improved fit.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Baresole is a minimal outsole configuration made of siped performance rubber for a natural underfoot feel.
Footwear Performance Characteristics
- Motion Control
- Hard Trail
- Varied Trail
- Soft Trail
Be the first to write a review for this product!
Write a Review