Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Asics Trail Sensor 5 is one comfortable shoe. Gel cushioning in the heel and forefoot give this trail shoe an incredibly soft and responsive ride. The rearfoot wrap helps to stabilize the foot on uneven surfaces, and a rockplate keeps the forefoot safe from stone bruising on rocky trails. Its specially designed lacing system wraps the midfoot securely to prevent rubbing, keeping blisters and irritated feet at bay.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.7 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (17mm)
How it Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium height
- Release date: June 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Gel Trail Sensor 4
The Gel Trail Sensor 5 is a maximum feature, moderate neutral trail shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a large silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Forefoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during toe-off.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is utilized in the lateral heel to further decouple the shock of the heelstrike.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- Trail Sensor System is positioned throughout the midsole to enable decoupling for optimal traction on uneven terrain.
- Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made from thermal plastic. It reduces the weight of the sole while decreasing torsion between the rearfoot and forefoot.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) is Asics' design philosophy that enhances the foot's natural gait.
- Performance Trail Upper is water resistant and offers protection from the elements while maintaining breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Personal Heel Fit (PHF) is a two layer memory foam lining in the heel collar which creates a personalized fit.
- Heel Clutching System is an external heel counter designed to provide support.
- Inner Lock Lacing System is an asymmetrical lacing system with internal straps to comfortably wrap and secure the foot.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- Lace Pocket is located at the top of the tongue and enables the laces to be tucked in and unexposed.
- ComforDry Sockliner is made from an anti-bacterial material that not only reduces odor and moisture but also provides additional cushioning.
- Solyte 45 Last is located in the rear portion of the shoe and has a low density to deliver the softest feel under the foot. Traditional strobel last completes the forefoot of the shoe.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
- Trail Sensor System is a decoupled system in the heel and forefoot engineered for optimal traction in uneven terrain.
- WET GRIP Outsole is primarily located in the forefoot and is a special blend of organic and non-organic components designed to increase traction on wet surfaces.
- Trail Specific Outsole is located on the perimeter of the heel and forefoot. Opposite facing lugs on the medial and lateral sides provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of surfaces.
- Rock Protection Plate is positioned in the forefoot and offers protection against stone bruises.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS