Rollover product image for a larger view.
This 5th edition of the Cascadia should continue to be the best selling shoe model in the trail category. With a fit, feel and ride like this one, it's not surprising. You still get superb traction and amazing cushioning, with a few more reasons to embrace your adventurous side. The Cascadia 5 now offers better drainage and is more breathable than past models. Get to exploring!
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 10.3 oz (size 8)
Midsole Height: Heel (22mm), Forefoot (10mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch Structure: Medium-low height
- Release date: February 2010
- Model discontinued: January 2011
- Model update: February 2011, Cascadia 6
- Heritage: Cascadia 4
The Cascadia 5 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral trail shoe designed for racing, daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Hydroflow ST is located in the heel and is a cushioning device which consists of a chamber filled with viscous fluid. Hydroflow ST is designed to attenuate shock, dampen impact forces and provide added heel stability.
- Forefoot Hydroflow is located where the metatarsal head region of the foot rests in the shoe. Forefoot Hydroflow is designed to attenuate shock and dampen forces.
- BioMoGo is Brook's premium midsole material. BioMoGo is designed to offer resilient cushioning and extends the full length of the midsole. BioMoGo is also environmentally friendly, as it will biodegrade 50 times faster in a landfill compared to traditional foam midsoles.
- Heel Pivot System comprises of independent medial-laterial posts shaped to reduce the destabilizing effect of trail irregularities.
- Forefoot Pivot System is located under the lateral side of the metatarsals and is shaped to adapt to varied terrain surfaces to help keep the shoe from toppling over.
- Element Mesh is a moisture-managing, breathable mesh that covers large expanses of the upper.
- Hydrophobic Foam Package is designed to keep the feet dry.
- Microfiber and Synthetic Overlays are strategically located with the purpose of providing a secure fit.
- Element Linings lie along the underside of the upper to aid in moisture transfer and comfort.
- Internal Support Saddle is located in the midfoot with the purpose of providing a more secure midfoot fit.
- Traditional Sockliner
- Cushole S-257 Last utilizes a full length layer of advanced foam to provide cushioning and flexibility.
- HPR Green is located throughout the outsole and is a durable compound made with dispersed silica resulting in increased traction and skid-resistance. The lug pattern is bi-directional with unique perimeter and interior designs for great traction on uphill/downhill running and a variety of surfaces.
- Ballistic Rock Shield is sandwiched between the HPR Green outsole and BioMoGo midsole. The shield is composed of a thermoplastic EVA sheath and placed under the forefoot to protect against stone bruising.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS