Rollover product image for a larger view.
Get a great feeling shoe without the bulk! The Wave Rider 13 is has had minimum updates due to the success of the Rider 12. The new Premium Collar Lining and flex eyelets add to the fit and comfort of this already comfortable model. Tried and true, the Rider series is the perfect balance of responsiveness, cushioning and flexibility. Gender engineered to meet the needs of the ladies.
Need fit help?
View all colors
How It Fits (based on width B) Width 2A=Narrow, Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Average width
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium
- Arch structure: Medium height
Weight: 8.5 oz (size 8)
Midsole Height: Heel (24mm), Forefoot (12mm)
- Release date: December 2009
- Color update: July 2010
- Model discontinued: November 2010
- Model update: December 2010, Wave Rider 14
- Heritage: Wave Rider 12
The Rider 13 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
- Mizuno Wave extends from the heel to the midfoot and is composed of an elastic thermal plastic material shaped in a parallel wave pattern. This corrugated design allows for vertical deformation during heel strike to absorb impact.
- VS-1 is positioned in the heel and is a cushioning material to further provide shock absorption.
- AP is a full length midsole copolymer material that provides lightweight, responsive, yet durable cushioning.
- Smooth Ride is located at the lateral heel and across the entire forefoot and is a gender specific network of grooves to minimize the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition to create a smooth ride.
- Extended Wave Plate is located at the bottom of the midfoot and is an extension of the Mizuno Wave. It preserves the torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Mizuno logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides and functions to help hold the foot in place.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is an anti-microbial and moisture wicking insole that promotes a healthy environment for feet.
- Dynamotion Fit is Mizuno's design philosophy to create optimal fit with stretch material located in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- X10 is located in the heel and forefoot for enhanced traction and is composed of durable carbon rubber.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS